The last place you want to end up at is jail. DUI arrests are quite common in Indiana. Therefore, in addition to taking preventive measures, it’s important to know what to do after getting arrested for DUI.
An effective way to seek assistance is to contact an experienced bail bond company in Indiana. Although bail bonds can be complex, a good bail bond agent can help you succeed in posting bail and getting it approved by the court at the bail hearing.
The Process of Bail after DUI
Mostly, in DUI cases, the court refuses to approve bail of the convict. However, there are some ways to convince the court to get a verdict in your favor. Bail is akin to a collateral-based loan that guarantees a defendant’s promise to appear in court trials.
Upon attending all the court trials and abiding by the law when out on bail, the bail amount will be refunded to you, but if you’re arrested again, the amount won’t be refundable. After an a DUI arrest, contacting a bail agent is your best bet. This can be also done by a family member or a friend who is willing to take your responsibility.
Step by Step Process
Here is the full process of getting a bail bond after a DUI arrest:
- After you contact DeLaughter Bail Bonds, the agent will ask about the defendant’s basic information. They will inquire about the detention details, arrest charges, and other relevant information. This first step is pertinent to the DUI bail bond procedure.
- Moving on, the bail bond agent will assess the obligation and then proceed to signa series of documents and agreements. In this step, the defendant’s family, guardian, or the cosigner will also be involved.
- The bail bond for DUI contains several documents that might vary from state to state. However, the common ones include an indemnity agreement and an application form.
- Some bail bond agents also offer pickup services for the bailed defendants from jail to their residential address and office.
- After the bond is posted, the bail bond agency will ensure that the defendant appears in all court hearings and fulfill all the legal obligations to avoid re-arrest.
Repercussions of a DUI Arrest
Getting arrested for DUI can negatively impact various aspects of your life. All these repercussions mandate that you contact a bail bond agency ASAP:
- You are fined, your license is suspended, and you’re held in jail until the bail is posted
- To retrieve your license in the future, you’ll have to prove that you’re ready to be back behind the wheel again. This might include joining a rehab, consulting an alcohol counselor, or appearing in a support group meeting
- After getting arrested for DUI, some states in America also require the driver to install an ignition interlock in their vehicles. This device is designed to detect alcohol smell and ignites the lock system after detecting something suspicious.
Why Hire DeLaughter Bail Bonds in Indiana?
Sometimes, you can end up in jail even when you haven’t committed a crime. At DeLaughter Bail Bonds, you can avail bail bond services across Indiana. Our bail bond agents provide 24-hour consultancy and follow up services to help you comply with all kinds of legalities and court regulations.
Our services areas include Kosciusko County, Allen County, Wabash County, Whitley County, and many others.